Help Ambassador Jeffrey Ross Gunter fulfill our promise to Make America Great Again!
Ambassador Jeffrey Ross Gunter is now I’m continuing the fight for freedom and the love of protecting the inalienable rights the opposition treats as a suggestion that can manipulated.
Why Dr Jeff Gunter for Senate?
As Ambassador to Iceland, Ambassador Jeffrey Ross Gunter helped fight for freedom. Now he’s continuing the fight for freedom and the love of protecting the inalienable rights the opposition treats as a suggestion that can be manipulated.
Ambassador Jeffrey Ross Gunter graduated from Beverly Hills High School. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of California, Berkeley in 1983, and his Doctor of Medicine degree from the USC School of Medicine in 1987.
Ambassador Jeffrey Ross Gunter is based in Nevada. His dermatology practice, SummitMD Dermatology, has offices in Henderson and Pahrump, as well as Texas, Nevada, and Arizona. He was a clinical professor of medicine at USC School of Medicine”>University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine and chief resident of dermatology at Los Angeles County+USC Medical Center.
Ambassador Jeffrey Ross Gunter is a Republican Party member and sits on the board of directors of the Republican Jewish Coalition.
U.S. Ambassador to Iceland
On August 21, 2018, President Donald Trump nominated Ambassador Gunter to serve as U.S. Ambassador to Iceland; the Senate agreed with the nomination, however, the nomination expired on January 3, 2019, at the end of the 115th Congress. President Donald Trump then renominated Ambassador Jefferey Ross Gunter on January 16, 2019, at the beginning of the 116th Congress; on May 23, 2019, following a hearing in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, Ambassador Gunter was confirmed by the Senate by voice vote. Ambassador Gunter was sworn into office to serve as Ambassador to Iceland on July 2, 2019.
- Completed a new, $69.9 million-dollar American Embassy, an award-winning example of Nordic design that will serve as a platform for U.S.-Icelandic relations and a display of our enduring friendship and important partnership. This Embassy will be the platform from which many more diplomatic victories flow, as we continue building our U.S.-Iceland relationship.
- Ambassador Jeffrey Ross Gunter and his Embassy team quickly identified the threats to embassy personnel at the outset of the COVID-19. Throughout the pandemic, the team ensured that there were zero community-transmitted cases of COVID by running several key initiatives in support of Embassy Reykjavik’s health and welfare during COVID-19. Embassy Reykjavik moved quickly to implement best practices to ensure the safety of every Mission employee and their families.
- Moved all U.S. Mission personnel into the new Embassy facility, ensuring seamless operations before, during, and after the move. This was done in the midst of the COVID19 pandemic. This was accomplished through a great partnership between the U.S. Embassy Reykjavik, the Bureau of Overseas Building Operations, and the Bureau of Diplomatic Security, and other great partners – a collective victory for America and Iceland.
- Hosted virtual congratulatory videos by Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, State Department Under Secretary for Management Brian Bulatao, Director of the Bureau of Overseas Building Operations Tad Davis, Commander of the Sixth Fleet Vice Admiral Eugene Black, and Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs Manisha Singh to participate in the opening of the new American Embassy. Secretary Mnuchin’s insightful and inspiring remarks promoted investment opportunities and strengthened ties between Iceland and the United States.
- Ambassador Jeffrey Ross Gunter’s July 4th Facebook video offered a simple but impactful message of patriotism, shared democratic values, and the deep connection between the United States and Iceland. Reaching over 171,000 people, viewership of this video far eclipsed any other social media post in the history of U.S. Embassy Reykjavik.
Preceded by: Robert C. Barber
Succeeded by: Carrin Patman
Education: University of California, Berkeley (AB) & University of Southern California (MD)